July 07, 2010

i've noticed that the photos i took during the past weekend were mostly blurred. i think it's bc i didn't focus much and wasn't in the creative mood. and when i walked around the house, the light were strong already. i shouldn't have left it that late. and i think if i went out for a long run before i grabbed my camera, the mood and the photos might be clearer.

talking about the mood, i was in hugh foul mood this morning. after sending my 11 year-old cousin to school, i got back to open my shop and found out that after talking on the phone with his mom, my cousin mistakenly slipped my handphone into his pocket and brought it school. i tried calling him but he cut my calls. i supposed he was in his class and didn't want his teacher to know that he had a handphone with him. i found out later that his teacher confiscated the phone and if i needed the phone back, i had to go to school to get it. no, i won't. this is not the first time that he forgetfully brought my phone to school. the previous time, i went to his class and got it back. but this time, i am going to let him solve his own problem. at his school, there is a rule for the childrend that they are not allowed to bring a handphone to school. so, i will wait to see what he is going to tell me after he gets back from school.

i was very furious this morning bc my day was already packed and busy since opening my shop. i don't want any chaos added to my morning and i need that phone for work. but after taking so many deep breaths, i am okay now. i know it's not a big deal but i want my cousin to pay more attention for what he is doing and do not cause me any unnecessary extra works. if his mom or my sister were in my shoes, they would rush to school to fix things for him. but it's not my style of childbearing. i want him to fix his own problems that he has created..

3 comments:

Wildcard said...

Good for you. It's a bigger burden on you to do it this way, but he will learn from it this time.

Megan D. said...

I agree with you-- it's important to learn from your mistakes, and to learn to take responsibility for them.

joyjoei said...

thanks Natalie and Megan.. he is on probation now.. he is not allowed to touch a computer for 2 weeks. it's his worst punishment, i guess.. ;]