June 14, 2010

i've stopped running since sunday. it's due to my period and i take it as a time to rest my legs and do something else when i am not running.
each morning, i spent more time reading and journaling. it feels odd but good to sit still from 5-7 am, instead of speeding up trying to make a new record on the treadmill. i will got back to the spinning track tomorrow though. i prefer getting fit and firm to being bulgy and baggy.
this week, i've finished 'larger than life' and am still going on with 'girl with dragon tattoo'. i like to read 2 books at the same period of time; one in the morning and one at night. the first one was light read and predictable and the second one was one of the best sellers. i wanted to give it a try. it's been pretty good and keeps me hooked. many things have come up and surprised me as the story goes on. but the story is quite long and complicated. i like the challenge and the change of author. it helps provoke the way of my thinking. it feels that if i keep reading the same writers, i keep thinking the same way. so, i still keep list of new books and authors recommended by other avid readers or websites, just in case i stumble on a used bookstore. actually, my books are running low and i want to go out hunting for them to overflow my shelf again.
above is a photo of my cactus that i've planted for years and never seen it bigger than this size and this is the first bloom it shows to the world. i can't help taking so many photos of it but this one is my most favorite.
this week is going to fly by with family's affairs; Jae's funeral and Py being hospitalized yesterday.. the whole week is being packed with schedule.. i hope you enjoy life..

1 comment:

Wildcard said...

Oh no! Is Py okay?