June 13, 2010

this weekend, i was out in town and had a chance to play with my camera again. not much bc i had to carry phun on my side while walking from mall to mall. his dad was with me while his mom was in a meeting but he refused to let his dad hold him. so it was me who played a nanny while his mom was not around.

but it was good to resume my old habit of taking photos of random things. it's like finding way back to the old me. it was good to be out and i will always look for chance to go out and snap some photos again.

when i am out, i like to find a place to sit and sip tea and munch on cake. it's divine.

eating chocolate cake once in a while wouldn't hurt my bulky tummy much, i think..

while the tea was for me, the coffee was for bro-in-law

while i was sitting alone taking photos of my tea cup and cake, i heard this a couple of thai woman and a old farang talking. i could tell his/her pesonalities hearing the guy talking/whining to his thai wife. but it was none of my business. so i focused taking pictures of what lay ahead of me on my table. but when taking my eye of the viewfinder, i saw this naggy old man shielded his forehead like this. i didn't think to take a photo of him but seeing this, i couldn't help.

we had dinner at fuji after my sis was finished with her meeting and then we headed home.

phun seeing this Mc dummy in a 'wai' posture, he 'wai' the guy back..

sunday morning, i slept in (not that late, just 7 am.). my sis and phun knocked on my door waking me up. i didn't want to run so i just stayed lazily in bed. not long after i woke, py and her mom arrived with their breakfast. we gathered at the marble table feasting on breakfast together. the sun was soft and shining.

our ordinary sunday morning began with kids playing and having breakfast together. i had my camera in hands taking photos of them documenting our moment. my brother washed his car. my sister looked for some info in the net and got interrupted by py. and she gave up the laptop for her to play.

phu, one of our young cousin, joined the morning with us too. i found it was easy to capture his pictures. they came clear and beautiful bc he was pretty still looking to the lense, not like phun and py. both of them were like moving little monsters, didn't know how to stay still.. but with phu, i didn't know which photo to put here bc there are so many photos of his beautiful innocent face..

sunday was always the shortest day in the week and time flew the fastest.

we retreated inside when the sun started to beam stronger. py and phu went back to their home around 10 am. then we got back to work around the house and lived our sunday together, lazily and blissfully..

while talking and playing at the marble table, we received a bad news that Jae, our 22 year-old cousin had passed away early this morning. she had down-syndrome but sang and dance better than i do. she was the joy of us whenever she was around. she was the center of our attention when we had a party with a karaoke. she could sing nonstop, in her own language. she caught dengue fever 2 days ago from her friends and was hospitalized right after being picked up from school. that night she was transferred from that local hospital to one of the big hospitals in hadyai. her dad was with her the whole night. early in the morning, the doctor told him not to worry and that he could go home and come back later. at 8.05 am, she was called dead. yesterday after coming back from home, i wrote in my diary about her and last night after falling asleep, i dreamt about her. she was still playful and teasing me. she chased after me to scare me bc she was a ghost. but it was her playful nature and i wasn't afraid of her. so we played together. she told me, in the dream, that she didn't want to go but they, the guys, shirtless, in green thai old- styled pants, came to pick her up. however, she accepted it gracefully. it's like she came to say goodbye to me. rest in peace, Jae. you will be in our hearts forever.

1 comment:

Wildcard said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin. *hugs* to you and your family.